Protecting Your Account
- Always Log Out: If using a public computer or terminal, always log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
- Protect Your Passwords: Do not share your passwords. Keep them private. Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts.
- Create Strong Passwords: When creating a password, use a combination of letters and numbers with a minimum length of 8 characters. Do not use dictionary words. Do not use information that can be easily found out about yourself such as your first or last name. Avoid easily guessed passwords such as "123456", "pass123", "password", or "secret".
- Frequently Update Passwords: Change your password periodically and remember, no one from the PlanetAppliance help desk will ever ask you for your password.
- Review Your Online Accounts: Log in regularly to view your account details to see if there are any transactions you do not recognize.
- Monitor Your Credit Report: Regularly review your credit reports to safeguard yourself from identity theft before any damage is done.
Warning About Suspicious Email:
Unsolicited email asking for your personal information is a type of scam. If you receive an email that looks like it is from the PlanetAppliance.com asking for your personal information, do not respond. We will never ask you for your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through emails.
What to do if you receive a suspicious email:
If you receive an email that you think is a forgery of the PlanetAppliance.com emails or you are concerned about your PlanetAppliance.com account, please call us right away. If you believe your PlanetAppliance account may be compromised, please change your password immediately.